Contact Hours2 Hours
This course discusses new research on the relationship between estrogen loss and its effects on muscle satellite cells and muscle health in women over 40. Learners are shown how to design safe and effective resistance training routines to increase muscle mass and strength and improve body composition and appearance in women over 40.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Apply resistance training methods that account for the newly discovered role of estrogen-dependent satellite cells to muscle recovery and its novel role in muscle performance in women over 40.
- Define the new training load guidelines for women over 40.
- Discuss common resistance training methods women over 40 should avoid and why based on the newly discovered relationship between estrogen loss, satellite cells, and muscle behavior.
- Design single session workouts, weekly, and long-term programming routines utilizing specific exercises and workouts designed to stimulate muscle growth and fat loss in the absence of estrogen.
- Modify resistance training sessions for individual variability.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.