Contact Hours2 Hours
Sports Related Concussions (SRCs) impact a wide variety of athletes and have many factors to their recovery. For this complex condition featuring a neurometabolic cascade of events, nutrition plays an integral role.
In this course we will focus on the nutrition practices which can best optimize both prevention as well as recovery for SRCs. Topics impacting neurological resilience and performance such as energy balance, omega-3 index and supplementation, other pertinent nutrition supplements as well as hydration will be reviewed in relation to this complex condition.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the physiological impacts related to nutrition considerations which are experienced by an athlete who has sustained a sports related concussion (SRC).
- Identify nutrition factors which impact one’s recovery from a SRC.
- Utilize evidence-based methods for implementing supplementation which may have neuroprotective preventative effects and/or facilitate recovery from a SRC.
- Determine the appropriate transition of nutrition and calorie intakes for someone recovering from a SRC.
- Describe the gut-brain microbiota connect and its potential impacts related to a SRC.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.