Date & Time03/02/2024 11:00 am ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will review the mechanism of injury known as whiplash. This impact may result in bony and/or soft tissue injuries which could then lead to a variety of clinical manifestations called Whiplash-Associated Disorders according to the Quebec Task Force on Whiplash-Associated Disorders (WAD). This course will address clinical presentations of patients with WAD as well as potential complications. The importance of a thorough physical therapy cervical spine examination will be presented and evidence-based physical therapy interventions will be discussed based on the latest clinical practice guidelines for neck pain.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the anatomy of the cervical spine and related traumatic pathophysiology
- Describe the mechanism of whiplash
- Recall evaluation criteria and formulate a thorough clinical examination.
- Explain 3 physical therapy treatment strategies for whiplash associated disorders
- Discuss evidence-based practice and summarize the latest clinical practice guidelines.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.