Contact Hours3 Hours
This webinar describes the physiological changes that occur during the postpartum period and current research on the effect of exercise on recovery. Guidelines for developing a personalized postpartum for women who have had a cesarean section or vaginal delivery are detailed. Exercises for strength and flexibility training and abdominal rehabilitation exercises are demonstrated, as well as techniques for including proper ergonomics with daily baby care and lifting.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the physiological changes that occur during the postpartum period.
- Identify how postpartum exercise affects the recovery period.
- List the four components of a postpartum exercise prescription.
- Describe specific guidelines and exercises for cesarean section recovery.
- Detail postpartum strength and flexibility guidelines.
- Provide techniques for incorporating proper ergonomics in baby care.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.