Contact Hours3 Hours
|Are you clear on the differences between Parkinson Disease and the Parkinsonisms? If not, attend this course and expect to learn everything that you need to know about the main clinical subtypes of Parkinson Diseases and the Parkinsonisms – from vascular to inherited and inclusive of the three Multiple Systems Atrophies, CBGD, PSP and a differential with HD. Be ready to learn how to differentiate, treat, when to treat (timing) and what to expect are questions that will be answered in this course.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify relevant physiologic differences between Parkinsonisms and Parkinson’s Disease
- Apply recent evidence in clinical interventions to each of the classifications and presentations of Parkinson’s Disease and Parkinsonisms
- Identify the best clinical measures for each of the functional limitations and subtypes of Parkinson’s Disease and Parkinsonisms
- Summarize proper expectations of outcomes and patient education based on diagnosis and presentation
- Identify and apply recent evidence in cognitive impairments for PD, parkinsonisms and parkinson’s-related dementias
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.