Contact Hours2 Hours
Are you looking for a broad overview of techniques that you can use with your clients who are at risk for falls? Are you in need of tips and tricks to help manage unsteady gait? Are you wondering what latest research backs your practice?
Falls are a serious health risk for the aging population. A fall can be a life-changing event that can result in loss of an independent lifestyle, disability, or death. Healthcare providers need to understand the big picture, including what causes this population to fall, and what the evidence shows can prevent the events.
This course provides a general overview of strategies that you can apply immediately to your clients. This course is designed to develop therapist knowledge of falls reduction, current research, and best strategies. If you would like a broad over-view of strategies, research, and how it relates to your practice then this course is for you!
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define falls / falls risk / and related terminology
- Identify falls risk factors
- Explain why falls are important
- Explain the causes & the prevalence of falls
- List common problems associated with falls
- Summarize the important issues falls raise
- State current research that backs practice
- Apply a variety of strategies, tricks, and tips to help clients reduce falls
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.