Contact Hours2.5 Hours
Radiation and chemotherapy treatments are a common part of cancer patients’ lives. As healthcare clinicians, it is important to know about the different treatment options that are out there and how they are used. It is also important to know how these treatments can affect our patients’ bodies and how we can help them maintain the highest quality of life during the process. No matter the setting, this information will be relevant to developing an appropriate plan of care.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the different types of radiation therapy
- Explain the different types of immunotherapies
- Explain the difference between chemo nephropathy and chemo neuropathy
- Describe the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy
- Summarize the potential benefits of rehabilitation for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.