Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will take an in-depth look at brain tumors, the different types, the causes, signs and symptoms as well as treatment management. As these patients can present differently depending on the type and location of the tumor as well as what treatment they pursue, it can change the presentation when it comes time for therapy intervention. This lecture will be an introduction to brain tumors and how we as therapists can help them along their medical journey.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence, prevalence and epidemiology of brain tumors
- Explain tumor causes, risk factors, signs and symptoms
- Describe the different diseases ruled out with differential diagnosis of the brain tumor
- Discuss the procedures and tests that are used to diagnose and stage a tumor
- Explain the difference between benign and malignant and primary and secondary brain tumors
- Discuss the many types of brain tumors that can be discovered
- List some differences between pediatric and adult brain tumors
- Discuss the radiation and chemotherapy options and side effects
- Describe some medical complications that can arise during the treatment of brain tumors
- Discuss Therapy implications and treatment strategies for this patient population
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.