Contact Hours3 Hours
Your work with lower back pain can give clients their lives back, allowing them to once again enjoy the things that debilitating pain had taken from them. But the iliopsoas, the biggest factor in low back or pelvis pain, can mimic numerous back and hip dysfunctions frustrating your ability to identify the root of your clients’ problem. Not only that, but the iliopsoas is a difficult muscle to palpate, leaving you feeling hesitant and uncertain in your treatment plan. Ultimately, you can find yourself going down the wrong treatment path, feeling defeated and worried that your client will face surgery that you could have helped them avoid.
Called the hidden prankster’s by authors Janet Travell and David Simons, this enigmatic muscle is the key to restoring power, ease, and fluidity to not only the low back but also to the rest of the body. Feel your confidence grow and your skills sharpen as you gain new, evidence-based strategies to release the iliopsoas and stop the pain in as little as 4 to 6 sessions. Identify the root of the problem the first time by using special assessment tests and measures, so you can address the pain and restore function quicker.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the actions, functions, and influences the iliopsoas and secondary thigh flexors muscles has on the low back and pelvis
- Identify if low back and hip pain is due to the iliopsoas and secondary thigh flexors muscles
- Identify trigger point referral patterns of the iliopsoas
- Identify assessment tests and corrections for a short iliopsoas and rotated pelvis
- Identify techniques for palpating, releasing the iliopsoas and secondary thigh flexors
- Identify stretches to maintain your client’s low back and pelvic health
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions throughout the webinar and to be logged on for the entire webinar.