Contact Hours2 Hours
The purpose of this webinar is to provide evidenced-based research to guide occupational therapists & occupational therapy assistants within the school setting when providing sensory integration treatment to students. This course aims to link research to practice to assist therapists applying cognitive behavior curriculums to help children with self-regulation issues and behaviors and incorporating sensory integration treatment strategies into those curriculums with the classroom.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define and discuss self-regulation.
- Discuss the importance of teaching students self-regulating skills.
- Discuss the use of self-regulation tools to assist students in meeting their own sensory needs.
- Discuss the use of self-regulation tools on how to manage behaviors in the classroom.
- Discuss specific self-regulation tools:
- Visuals/Visual Schedules
- Working For Strips
- The Incredible Five Point Scale®
- The Zones of Regulation®
- Discuss individual vs. whole classroom approaches.
- Discuss the research behind self-regulation tools.
- Discuss Goal Development Related to the Use of Self-Regulation Tools
- Discuss Therapy Recommendations Related to the Use of Self-Regulation Tools
- Discuss Service Delivery Models
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.