Date & Time03/19/2024 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
Learn how to design resistance training sessions and programs for athletes and long-time recreational exercisers over aged 50. With an emphasis on training load and programming methods, this course is designed with application in mind. It includes how to use training frequency, volume, intensity, and rest periods to develop resistance training workouts. Recovery strategies to include sleep programming will also be addressed.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define training load guidelines for athletes over 50.
- Identify how to use training frequency, volume, intensity, and rest periods to develop resistance training workouts for athletes over 50.
- Discuss common resistance training methods suitable for athletes over 50.
- Design resistance training programs that allow for adequate recovery, including sleep programming.
- Develop recovery programs that utilize common recovery aids and methods.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.