Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will provide an overview of current guidelines for postpartum athletes who wish to return to training and competition. An extensive overview of the “fourth trimester” and a detailed guide for designing a personalized, sports specific return to training program will be covered. Guidelines for assessing client postpartum recovery and readiness to return to exercise will be provided, as well as best practices for ensuring appropriate exercise loading and progression.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss readiness to return to exercise in a postpartum client in women who had a vaginal or cesarean section delivery.
- Recognize conditions that require a health professional assessment before a client can safely return to training.
- Describe the role of the healthcare team in a postpartum athlete’s successful return to training and competition.
- List the unique issues that can affect a postpartum athlete and how those issues may affect return to training and competition.
- Develop a personalized training program with progression of training volume, load, and intensity.
- Identify key points for monitoring exercise and athlete wellbeing.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.