Contact Hours2 Hours
At the conclusion of this course the participant should have a better understanding of how to evaluate the core and LE core, and to design a program to improve overall core and LE stability and function. Individuals will also be able to define & discuss speed training concepts, as well as, be able to prescribe exercise to improve speed. Participants will also be able to design and test agility programs specific to the sport of choice. Lastly, plyometric training and progression of upper and lower extremity progression will be covered.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Evaluate core and design programs for identified deficits.
- Evaluate LE core and design programs for identified deficits.
- Define speed and understand training principles for phases of speed development.
- Understand testing and design of agility programs.
- Define plyometric training.
- Understand points of focus of plyometric training.
- Understand upper extremity plyometric progression.
- Understand lower extremity plyometric progression.
- Understand periodization concepts for volume, intensity, and order of exercise.
- Understand various phases of periodization.
- Understand & discuss various Power lifts.
- Review and provide guidance on concepts related to olympic lifts.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.