Date & Time02/15/2023 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
This course is a course designed for the therapist working with patients on the neuro floor in the acute care setting. There are lot more issues in addition to a stroke that a therapist can encounter on a post-op neurosurgical floor. Being able to skim a chart and understand what has happened to the patient and how to approach their evaluation and treatment in a fast-paced setting is critical in healthcare. From post-op spinal surgery and brain tumors to other brain complications, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. This course is designed to be an overview to many of these diagnoses and how we can give these patients the best evidence-based care.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the different spinal surgeries and bracing options that can be seen on a post-operative neurosurgery floor
- Explain post-op side effects and their impact on therapy interventions
- Discuss discharge barriers encountered on the post-op units
- Explain the importance of spontaneous recovery
- Discuss the patients who have had brain surgery and the common neurological diseases that are treated
- Explain the stroke risk factors and chart review components
- Discuss the different types of strokes based on location in the brain as well as the different strokes related to illicit drug use
- Explain the role that seizures play post stroke
- Describe the importance of early mobilization in the patient who has had a stroke
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.