Contact Hours2.5 Hours
Learn how technology and innovation are changing the solutions for common orthopedic problems of the extremities. Evaluate the pros and cons of various surgical techniques for repair and replacement including: 3-D printing, balloon implants, and synthetic materials. Explore actual footage of new age surgical procedures and options in pain management that result in quicker return of function. Get the inside scoop on the cutting-edge of today’s orthopedic world.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recall the history of surgical joint repair and reconstruction and recognize present day procedures.
- Differentiate between traditional surgical and new surgical joint options for the shoulder, hip and knee.
- Investigate new surgical approaches and procedures through video presentation.
- Explain the use of nerve blocks for same day upper and lower extremity surgeries
- Discuss pain management options used for improved post-operative pain.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.