Contact Hours2 Hours
This intermediate level 2-hour course is designed for therapists who are interested in education on practical application of updated research for the use of orthotics with emphasis on the management of the neurological population. The course will review indications for bracing, provide an extensive updated literature review on ankle foot orthoses (AFOs) and application for best practice, and discuss various types of AFOs and tools for gait available for the patient with neurological deficits. Participants will further their understanding of the concepts covered in this course via videos and experience-driven tips and tricks.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss presentations indicating the use of orthotics or gait tools during rehabilitation of individuals with neurological deficits.
- Incorporate updated research regarding use of AFOs in neurological rehabilitation.
- Recall various AFOs and tools available to facilitate gait efficiency and joint protection.
- Describe the indications and contraindications for use for each AFO discussed.
- Summarize the use of AFOs and gait tools in the neurological rehabilitative setting.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.