Contact Hours3 Hours
This three hour webinar will focus on the effect of menopause on bone density and the development of osteopenia and osteoporosis. Current guidelines and intervention strategies for reducing the rate of bone loss after menopause will be discussed and resistance training and impact loading exercises will be demonstrated. The role of age-related sarcopenia in fall risk will be discussed and exercises that focus on improving muscular strength and balance will be demonstrated.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the principal physiological changes of menopause that affect bone density
- List the risk factors for osteoporosis
- Describe the current guidelines and intervention strategies for reducing the rate of bone loss after menopause
- List the types of exercise that help to maintain bone density
- List the potential causes of sarcopenia and intervention recommendations
- Describe the effect of sarcopenia on fall risk
- Apply an exercise routine designed to reduce muscle loss and improve balance
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.