Date & Time02/20/2023 7:00 pm ET
Contact Hours3 Hours
We are living in a society where we are seeing more and more of our kids, especially from a low socioeconomic background, struggle with reading. Why? Is Dyslexia becoming more prevalent? In this class we will not only develop an understanding of what Dyslexia is, but we will also identify and delve into one of the three major differences seen in a Dyslexic brain. Class 3 looks at the most common difference seen in the visual system in Dyslexic students. It identifies secondary deficits that are common in students with Dyslexia and are often misdiagnosed and mistreated. Most importantly, this class gives real world treatment techniques to remediate these challenges.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the Scotopic Sensitivity, Multimodal Neurons, and the role of retinal ganglion cells in reading, writing and light sensitivity.
- Identify how this type of Dyslexia affects a student’s world, their home, community and classroom.
- Determine what is the complete testing process for Dyslexia and why one test by itself cannot correctly identify Dyslexia.
- Choose a treatment plan and treatment strategies that address the primary challenges seen in dyslexia (reading, spelling and writing) and the most common secondary challenges seen.
- Summarize the treatment progression for the most effective outcome with this type of Dyslexia.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.