Contact Hours3 Hours
We are living in a society where we are seeing more and more of our kids, especially from a low socioeconomic background, struggle with reading. Why? Is Dyslexia becoming more prevalent? In this class we will not only develop an understanding of what Dyslexia is, but we will also identify and delve into one of the three major differences seen in a Dyslexic brain. This class looks at the most common difference seen in the dyslexic brain and gives proven strategies to deal with the challenges seen with this type of dyslexia.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain what dyslexia looks like and how it effects our society and our schools.
- Identify and analyze the different processing areas used in the dyslexic brain when reading.
- Determine what is the complete testing process for Dyslexia and why one test by itself cannot correctly identify Dyslexia.
- Choose a treatment plan and treatment strategies that address the primary challenges seen in dyslexia (reading, spelling and writing) and the most common secondary challenges seen (visual perception, ocular motility).
- Summarize why synchronization activities are essential for success and recognize the treatment progression for the most effective outcomes.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.