Contact Hours3 Hours
This course provides an overview about neuroscience and its relationship to self-regulation and co-regulation. This course helps professionals understand the what, where, when, and why about neuroscience and certain behaviors in children with ASD, ADHD, & SPD. You will learn evidence-based, practical, readily available, and/ or easily implementable tools, strategies, and interventions to help your students/ clients with sensory processing and self-regulation. This course will provide you with proven knowledge about highly effective, easy-to-use, and innovative strategies, intervention programs, and products to add to your tool kit and improve your practice. Be empowered by understanding the connections of neuroscience and self-regulation!
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define Self-Regulation and Co-Regulation
- Explain the Neuroscience related sensory processing and self-regulation
- Explain evidence-based and practical intervention programs, strategies, and tools for sensory processing and self-regulation for children with ASD, SPD, and ADHD
- Apply these intervention programs, strategies, and tools to their student/ patient population
- Describe the connection between neuroscience and intervention choices
- Apply knowledge from this course to clinical and school-based cases
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.