Contact Hours2 Hours
Treating Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV): Cupulolithiasis
This is a 2 hour webinar designed for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists & occupational therapy assistants. This is an introductory course on the evaluation and treatment of one form of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) – cupulolithiasis, a more rare cause of dizziness in adults. Instruction will include anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system, common causes of BPPV, signs and symptoms of BPPV, testing, treatment, and goals.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system
- Understand the causes, signs, and symptoms of BPPV – cupulolithiasis
- Perform a basic evaluation for BPPV
- Determine affected canal and decide on treatment plan
- Perform standard treatment for BPPV – cupulolithiasis
- Establish goals and discharge criteria
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.