Contact Hours2 Hours
Treatment & Rehabilitation of Rotator Cuff Repair & Common Elbow Pathologies
This course is designed to provide practical information related to the various factors to consider for individuals following rotator cuff repair or elbow surgery. It will present material for conservative and post-operative treatment for ulnar collateral ligament injury and epicondylitis along with rotator cuff repair and rehabilitation. The relationship between the various anatomical structures related to movement will be addressed. The healing phases and biomechanics of the joints will be presented and examples of therapeutic exercises will be provided for the post-operative phases of rehabilitation. The information gained from this course will provide the attendee with effective treatment techniques to help enhance patient outcomes.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the normal ratio of glenohumeral to scapulothoracic motion with shoulder elevation
- Describe the various factors to consider when working with individuals who have had rotator cuff or elbow surgeries
- Recognize the functional anatomy of the shoulder and elbow regions
- Summarize the mechanical factors that can increase the risk of lateral epicondylitis or UCL injury
- Describe therapeutic exercise and treatment progressions for operative management of individuals following rotator cuff repair
- Recognize effective techniques for the management of lateral epicondylitis or UCL injury following non-operative and operative treatment plans
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.