Contact Hours2 Hours
Treatment of Visual Issues in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI) / Concussion
This course is designed for the clinician with experience treating mTBI to help provide further understanding of visual issues that can occur after a concussion. Instruction will include basic information in anatomy and physiology of the eye, signs and symptoms of visual issues after concussion, proper testing, and treatment options to maximize recovery. The clinician will learn when it is appropriate to refer to a specialist and the expected recovery after treatment.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the mechanism of mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI) / concussion
- Understand basic anatomy and physiology of the eye
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of visual deficits after concussion
- Understand and conduct the appropriate tests for visual issues after concussion
- Determine which visual issues can be treated and treatment options
- Know when to refer to a specialist
- Understand & explain the recovery process after mTBI
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.