Contact Hours2 Hours
Upper Body Limitations Following Breast Cancer: When Recovery is Hard to Reach
This 2 hour webinar will review common breast cancer treatments that a patient may have experienced when arriving to the outpatient setting. The course will include a review of upper body anatomy and kinematics as they relate to breast cancer. Current research literature will also be discussed. Assessment techniques will be explored as well as problems that may influence treatment. Treatment strategies will be presented to provide the student with clinical information they can implement immediately. The main focus of the course is to increase the clinician’s understanding of upperbody limitations following breast cancer treatment.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define upper body & discuss br ca treatment
- Identify upper body anatomy & kinematics as related to br ca
- Discuss current literature for upper body limitations following br ca
- Formulate assessment based on anatomy and kinematics
- Identify problems associated with br ca that may influence treatment
- Identify treatment strategies to improve upper body dysfunction
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.