Date & Time12/18/2023 7:00 pm ET
Contact Hours3 Hours
This presentation will cover upper extremity joint replacements with suggested post-op management of joint replacements for the shoulder and elbow. Indications for a total shoulder versus a reverse total shoulder will be explored along with video presentation of the procedures. Advances in pain management for same day surgery will be presented including nerve blocks and intraoperative pain cocktails. Advances in 3D modeling for pre-operative planning will be presented along with the rehab focus for return of functional mobility.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the indications and procedures of TSA and Rev TSA
- Recognize surgical approaches, procedures and post-op restrictions through video
- Summarize the criteria for same day surgery and use of nerve blocks used for upper extremity surgery
- Discuss methods used for improved postoperative pain management
- Recognize the goals and precautions associated with the different phases of rehab post-op joint replacement.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.