Contact Hours2 Hours
Through the use of a lecture based format and case studies, this course will review basic wound healing as well as types of dressings and the appropriate use of each type of dressing. Basic wound care treatment options will also be reviewed and discussed.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe difference between primary and secondary dressings
- Identify two types of dressings that are antimicrobial/bacteriostatic
- Identify different types of absorbent dressings
- Describe when to use contact layers vs. absorbent dressings vs. hydrogel.
- Identify basic treatment options for different types of wounds.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to various polling questions asked throughout the webinar.