Contact Hours2 Hours
Yoga as lifestyle medicine (as taught to licensed healthcare professionals by Dr. Ginger Garner) offers therapists an opportunity to treat our patients in a way that facilitates development of self-efficacy that will hopefully be utilized over time to create and sustain wellness. In this course we will explore how to share the life-long benefits of yoga with our pediatric patients. Yoga can be incorporated into the treatment plan for patients of all ages, stages and diagnoses! With kids we get to delve into the playful and creative side of a yoga practice, while staying true to our discipline appropriate treatment goals. These techniques can be equally applicable and valuable to all therapists working with children/teens – across age and environments.
During this webinar we will investigate the common principles, as well as beginning the journey of creatively adapting the techniques to meet specific patient needs in varied environments.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize rationale for incorporating medical therapeutic yoga (MYT) into therapeutic treatment plans.
- Identify the 5 facets of the Pentagon of Wellness model for the professional yoga therapist (PYT) approach to treatment.
- Identify 2 key principles to be addressed when using Yoga as therapy.
- Incorporate breathing techniques into treatment with children of any age to help with self-regulation.
- Identify specific treatment goals possible for 2 or more types of pediatric patients.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.