With the arrival of Spring also comes the return of America’s pastime – Baseball season. With that Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, and Athletic Trainers will perhaps see an increase in clients and patients with various shoulder, elbow, and hand injuries.
At Allied Health Education we are pleased to have several speakers who can provide you with continuing education courses to assist you with treating & rehabbing these various upper extremity injuries.
Looking for a general course? Check out some of these on-demand, continuing education courses:
- Common Wrist and Hand Fractures: A Practical Approach
- Hand Therapy for the Non-Hand Therapist
- Rotator Cuff Dysfunction: Injury Prevention & Non-Operative Treatment
- Rotator Cuff Dysfunction: Surgical Intervention & Post-Operative Rehab
- The Management of Hand Injuries in the Athlete
- Treatment and Rehabilitation of Orthopedic Shoulder Conditions
How about something a little more specific to throwing athletes? Then maybe consider trying one of these on-demand webinars:
- Managing Overuse Injuries in the Overhead Athlete: Strategies for Rehab & Injury Prevention
- Recognition & Treatment of Shoulder & Elbow Injuries impacting Baseball Pitchers
The above courses are also eligible for CEU credit in most states for PTs & PTAs. Allied Health Education is also an AOTA & BOC approved continuing education provider for OTs/OTAs & Athletic Trainers.
Looking for additional information on baseball injuries? Brian Schiff, PT, OCS, CSCS is one of our experts on overhead injury rehab and treatment – check out his blog post on Assessing Injuries in Young Baseball Players.